Help with a Federal Agency

As a United States Senator, one of my most important responsibilities is to help my constituents interact with the many agencies and offices of the federal government.  I am committed to helping Alaskans resolve problems with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, immigration, military service, veteran’s benefits, federal worker compensation claims, tax matters and the IRS, passport assistance, grants, small business concerns, and many other important federal issues.  By law, I am required to have a written request before any action can be taken on your behalf.  You must also provide my office with a signed copy of the Privacy Act Release Form that prints from the form below.  If your case involves medical or health-care information, my office may ask you to complete an additional release specifically authorizing access to medical information necessary to resolve your case.  Please complete the appropriate form and include it with your submitted request.

Alaskans requiring assistance with an agency of the federal government are encouraged to contact one of my five state offices located in:

  • Anchorage (907) 271-3735 or toll-free in Alaska at (877) 829-6030
  • Fairbanks (907) 456-0233
  • Ketchikan (907) 225-6880
  • MatSu (907) 376-7665
  • Kenai Peninsula (907) 262-4220
  • Juneau (907) 586-7277

On this site I have provided information on the services my office can offer, as well as the steps needed to initiate action.  Although by law I am required to have a written request before any action can be taken on your behalf, please feel free to contact me as soon as you need assistance.  My staff and I are available to address your concerns.  Once we have your written request and release form, we can begin to work on your case.