Delegation Announces Grants and Contracts to Alaska Programs
Washington, D.C. -- The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of Defense – Department of the Army
- $10,700,983 contract awarded to Doyon-American Mechanical of Fairbanks for the construction of a Stryker Wash Facility. The work will be performed at Fort Wainright.
- $38,588,284 contract awarded to Watterson/Davis JV of Anchorage for the design and construction of the U.S. Air Force and Air Force Reserve F-22 squadron operations/aircraft maintenance unit (AMU)/6-bay hanger facility. The work will be performed at Elmendorf Air Force Base.
U.S. Department of Transportation:
· $2,415,000 to the City of Kenai for apron rehabilitation at the Kenai Municipal Airport.
· $4,200,000 to Gustavus for alternative transportation, parks and public facilities.
· $4,200,000 to Gustavus for dock replacement.
· $993,000 to Hoonah for bus and bus facilities.
· $956,160 for statewide vessel refurbishment and design.
Environmental Protection Agency:
· $19,683 to Inupiat Community of the Arctic Slope in Barrow for projects aimed at addressing environmental and public health issues.
# # #