Delegation Announces Grants to Alaska Programs
Washington, D.C. - The Alaska Congressional Delegation is pleased to announce the following grants awarded to communities in the State of Alaska:
U.S. Department of Agriculture:
- $75,000 to Russian Mission to complete a sanitation master plan to examine alternatives to provide potable water and sewer to homes that do not currently have access to these services.
- $217,500 to Old Harbor to complete a preliminary engineering and environmental report to design a water treatment plant, backwash lagoon, and access road.
- $33,750 to Kiana to update the sanitation facilities master plan. This plan will review construction cost estimates for water, waste water, and solid waste projects and evaluate components of the water and waste water system that are over 20 years old.
U.S. Department of the Army:
- $50,000,000 to Alaska businesses Bristol Design Build Services, Weldin Construction, and Marsh Creek to plan, design, and construct new or renovated facilities for military and civilian customers.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development:
- $49,715 to Iliamna to develop affordable housing.
U.S. Department of Transportation:
- $80,000 to develop a master interpretive plan for the South Denali Visitors Center. The plan will allow the Parks Byway Partnership to develop interpretive sites and services that promote stewardship, enhance visitor connections with the byway's intrinsic qualities, and represent the byway's primary interpretive themes.
- $1,000,000 to the South Denali Visitor Contact Station to enhance visitor facilities and services and improve recreational access on the southern end of the George Parks byway.
# # #