Murkowski Announces $16.8 Million in Funding for Alaska Projects in Appropriations Bill for Health, Education and Labor Departments
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage -- $2 million for training dental health care workers.
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Anchorage -- $1 million for facilities and equipment.
- City of Ketchikan -- $1 million for facilities and equipment at Ketchikan General Hospital.
- Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Consortium, Bethel -- $1 million for facilities and equipment.
- Avant-Garde Learning Foundation, Anchorage -- $500,000 for education activities.
- Maniilaq Association, Kotzebue -- $500,000 for facilities and equipment.
- Central Council of Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska, Juneau -- $308,000 to expand vocational training including distance learning.
- Anchorage Project Access -- $125,000 for a program in which doctors donate their services to those most in financial need.
- City of Anchorage -- $125,000 for facilities and equipment relating to public health.
- United Way of Anchorage -- $100,000 to continue the Alaska 211 phone number that connects individuals with health and human resources 24 hours a day.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska, Anchorage -- $100,000 for a mentoring demonstration project.
# # #